On March 2, the CFU presented a workshop called: Know Your Rights to student journalists at Concordia University's newspaper The Link. You can find the presentation here.
When you are a member of the CFU you become part of an organization of freelancers which together can:
- Take action for better standards for freelancers.
- Provide valuable services you can't access alone.
- Combat social isolation prevalent in the freelancer lifestyle by organizing ways to connect with other freelancers in person and online (via the Members' Forum).
To be a member of the union, you need to submit yearly membership dues of $125. You can do that in a number of ways:
- Use the form to the left to pay a full year's dues with your credit card. (We are unable to offer a payment plan at this time.)
- Send an Interac Money Transfer by email. Put your name and email in the message to: interac [@] canadianfreelanceunion.ca
- Send a cheque to this address along with your name and email:
Unifor Canadian Freelance Union
27331 43rd Ave.
Aldergrove BC, V4W 1R9